Apologetics Answers
Tuesday, August 12, 2003
 
Why Apologetics Answers? (or, "The Hasty Publishing Club")
Anton Hein, noted "co-publisher" of Apologetics Index, responded to the first message on this board with a rather lengthy post, including the following:

"Faced with criticism from Anton Hein, the co-publisher of Apologetics Index (and the author of this web page), Kellner defends his views on a hastily published weblog, ironically called 'Apologetics Answers.'"

Well, everyone's a critic, as the saying goes. Mr. Hein failed to mention that he has asked me for years to "publish" my own Web site. I set up a Weblog as quickly as possible since he denied posting (on his Apolotalk list) my response to his comments, and now he faults the speed and my choice of titles.

There is, oddly enough, an irony here. Mr. Hein regularly rails against a certain religious group -- he calls them "a commercial enterprise that masquerades as a religion, and that increasingly acts like a hate group" -- which may complain when its names are used by others, since those names are registered trademarks. Yet, he feels no compunction in blasting my choice of a title for this Blog, specifically "Apologetics Answers." (And, for the record, neither "Apologetics" nor "Answers" appear to be registered trademarks of Anton Hein.)

Inasmuch as I am a working professional, this Blog is a personal endeavor and I do it as quickly and inexpensively as possible. Perhaps I can develop a site as complex and well developed as Mr. Hein's at some point in the future. For now, I would want to have this judged on the merits of its content.

Your comments and questions are welcome via e-mail: mark@kellner.us.


Powered by Blogger